Money used to rank very high on my priority list, but the best takeaway after starting 1078fm is probably realizing that money isn’t everything. Family, friends, health, and personal values are a few aspects of my life where I rank more important than wealth and net worth. How about you? What do you value more than your bank balance?
- What’s the point of being rich without being healthy? If you have to labor up and down the stairs while you are traveling in Europe, would a business class ticket really help you enjoy the trip more than if you were able to feel energetic even after a full day of sight seeing?
- How can you sleep at night without integrity and personal values? If you took advantage of your loved ones to get ahead, can you actually enjoy all the possessions that you own if no one will truly want to share them with you?
- Who can you share your wealth with if none of your family or friends want to speak to you? I much rather have a lovely thanksgiving dinner in at a cramped dinning table than eating by myself in a huge mansion with no one to talk to but all those maids that I won’t even see.
Before we make any decisions that relate to our wealth, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it’s all worth it. Don’t trade always make the sacrifice of time with your family for that promotion and don’t always say no to your children when they want to spend time with you because you are working. Is neglecting your friends really worth being able to buy that car if no one will ever take a ride in it with you? You can decide. Money is important, but…
- Money Is Not Everything – That’s for Sure
- What’s More Important than Money – Lots
- The Secret to Dealing with the Financial Crisis – Take a Peak at This
- Does Always Thinking About Money Make Me Happy? – Definitely Not
Real Life and Suggestions
- My Dad Quit Smoking After 50 Years – and So Should You
- Celebrating Thanksgiving is a Must This Year – in Both Good and Bad Times
- Reduce the Chances of Money Conflicts with our Family